Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm back at BYU.
My schedule for this semester might be fantastic.
I might love my new apartment.
I might love my roommates.
BUT.
There is something I most definitely do not love.
Why did I not realize that Mike and Dave and their wives really wouldn't be here?
Why did I not realize that the Benson computer lab will hold no more conversations?
Why did I not realize that the Cannon is no longer going to regret Dave's presence?
Why did I not realize that Mike won't be in the FOB anymore?
Why did I not realize that the Talmage vending machines are going to be fuller now?
I'm not ok with it, for the record.

Pete feels the same.
I know because the first text I received Monday morning said,
"This year is definitely not going to be the same without Mike and Dave here."

i miss them.
sentimental, i know.

1 comment:

  1. Are you positive that was your first text Monday morning?
    Because at 8:41 I sent you a text that said:
    FYI They still haven't done anything more with our lovely campground style roads.
    Is there really life that early in the morning? I thought everyone was still asleep.

    I'm sorry things aren't the same...
    I wish I knew all of those abbreviations and BYU lingo. I am such a failure as a child of Mr. Freestone.

    I love you. I think about you a lot. I think about our nestipades to keep my mind off this shindig I've got going this weekend.

    I miss you my dear friend.
    LUUHHHHH EWE!

    ReplyDelete